Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Love Letter To My Dear Registrar

Monday, November 8, 2010 at 1:18am

To the Registrar,



Good Day and Greetings of Peace.



My name is Fervil Von D. Tripoli, a student from the College of Arts and Social Science. I have stopped schooling a year ago and would like to return again this year.



Recurring for this 2nd semester class, I would like to enroll under the department of History. But under the rules of the university, one should’ve a GPA of at least 76% and is also considered as passing rate for thou to continue being in this school. Unluckily, I was one of the ill-fated who didn’t make it. I failed, getting a GPA of 3.84 in my evaluation.



As I watch my evaluation sheet in horror, several ideas were running in my head on how to persuade you my dear registrar – and most of them were fallacious. I would sound bogus if I’d show you medical records stating that I got sick and have been incapacitated to go to my classes during these past few semesters. Telling you that I had a big big family problem or suffering from financial instability might do the trick also. But today, I learned things that helped me write this letter to you, it’s about being humble and pure in heart. I did not come into your presence just to lie so that I can still enroll, I have come to ask for forgiveness and beg for your heartfelt mercy to let me through this and spare my life… letting me enroll this semester.



I know how the standard of MSU-IIT works in the life of every student and I admit that I have fell short in meeting the standard of the institute. And I know that I can’t turn things the way I’d like it to happen but I’d still like to have a little faith even in the most contemptible bit. Chance Ma’am, that’s what I yearn for. I can never erase the reflection of my errors and clean my records but I promise to compromise my stupidest mistakes by doing my best this semester. I know I can, but I can’t do that without your permission.



I know it’s the dead end for me but I can’t just sit back without giving it a try. Truth is, I am really scared of what’s going to happen next. I might be one of the million faceless students who dreamt of graduating in a prestige university but failed along the way, but I can be one of the few who would dare to challenge torment just to get through. I am still feeling guilty for failing you Ma’am, I feel sorry for my parents too, and am still feeling sorry for myself.



This is my lifeline in MSU-IIT. I’m still hoping that you would reconsider my plea my dear registrar. But then if the school is not for me, I’ll still accept the awful truth behind my downheartedness.



I am still grateful for being part of the university.



Sorry po Ma’am, God Bless and More Power.





Sincerely Yours,

Fervil Von Tripoli

AB Political Science Student

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...