Thursday, January 5, 2012

I Miss My Dogs

I don't know about you people but I have a big heart for domestic pets (especially dogs). I even got fascinated by the commercial of Microsoft. It shows a boy who gives a compelling Microsoft PowerPoint presentation to his skeptical parents, on why the family needs a dog. I too, was convinced by his presentation why should they need a pet.

I've never been born as an animal lover, in fact when I was young I use to throw sharp objects on cats who always steal food from our dining table. I know its bad and I know that's not legal from your perspective, but don't worry okay? I just decided to quit doing the job. On the latter, I just decided to love them.. So that's what happened during my early years.

A pet is not just a decoration inside your house. I always consider my pets as family members in our home. These pictures show my two loving pets, Troy and Chloe:

 
Young Troy Getting Ready For Cuddles
Young Chloe Staring Sulkily
5 mos. old Troy,  Asleep

These dogs are adorable, I tell you. There are a number of times they make me mad but at all times, they make me feel comfortable when I have them around. Like when I'm in bed, they scratch the door and open it a little (enough to insert their heads) to see if they can disturb me and play with me.

Chloe and Troy Staring From The Door
Trying To Sneak In After Seeing Me Awake
Showing Some Love
And Kisses Too!
 If you are a pet lover or just on the way of becoming one, I might as well share this wonderful "10 commandments for dogs and dog owners".


 From a Dog's Point of View 

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Regular separation from you will be painful and can even cause depression. Think before you buy me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want from me don't be impatient, short-tempered or irritable.

3. Place your trust in me and I will always trust you back, respect is earned, not given as some sort of inalienable right.

4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. I am not capable of understanding why I am being locked up. I only know I have been rejected. You have your work, entertainment and friends. I only have you.

5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your tone. "You only have to look at my tail" to know that.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget, if that treatment is unjust or bad, it may spoil the special bond between us.

7. Please do not hit me.  I cannot hit back, but I can bite and scratch and I don't ever want to feel the need to do that.

8. Before you tell me off me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be wrong with me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food or I've been out in the sun too long, maybe my heart is getting old and weak, or maybe I'm just dog-tired.

9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old and will also want care, love, and affection.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch" or "Let it happen in my absence".  Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, irrespective of what you do I will always love you.

Reflection
Do not hurt the animals and do not mistreat them for they haven't done anything wrong against you, Okay? Treat them properly, because it will reflect that you have a good heart not only for animals, but to others as well.

5 comments:

  1. Oh you really love dogs.. Wow..

    Visit my blog! Hope you like the new design!
    http://lovelybulatao.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure Sure.

    Thanks for dropping by... my dogs. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post. I hope this help those looking for a new companion.

    Xoxo,
    Mary from ♥ meowwzie.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the comment sweet thing x following you on bloglovin please do same!

    x
    http://artichoke--heart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an exclusive, distinct soft spot for animals. It's an indescribable affection and empathy. I quietly lose respect for anyone who mistreats an animal for no reason.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...